The territory ruled by the Lhasa government was larger and grander than other Tibetan polities, and had a long border with British India, but it was no more intrinsically Tibetan than those in the east, nor had it been any less prone to imperial hegemony under the Qing. In the preamble to his discussion of the Sino-Indian agreement p.
- A history of modern Tibet / Melvyn C. Goldstein | National Library of Australia.
- [PDF Download] A History of Modern Tibet Volume 3: The Storm Clouds Descend 1955-1957 (Philip.
- NETWORKING 2005. Networking Technologies, Services, and Protocols; Performance of Computer and Communication Networks; Mobile and Wireless Communications Systems: 4th International IFIP-TC6 Networking Conference, Waterloo, Canada, May 2-6, 2005. Proceedin.
It has however been claimed by the PRC, without discernable justification, since the late s. If one ignores the presumptuous title of the series, and the axe-grinding tone of the narrative, it is an informative read for anyone with a sustained interest in the subject.
Felicia marked it as to-read Nov 26, Justin marked it as to-read Nov 30, William Southwell-Wright is currently reading it Dec 29, Brendan marked it as to-read Apr 14, Berry marked it as to-read Apr 28, Daniel Bowen marked it as to-read Jun 09, G marked it as to-read Jul 12, Xinzhu Li marked it as to-read Aug 14, Mainichi66 marked it as to-read Feb 20, Mohan marked it as to-read Mar 26, Joseph marked it as to-read Apr 07, Konsta marked it as to-read Jul 30, Abram marked it as to-read Oct 21, Charlie marked it as to-read Dec 26, Nan Dun marked it as to-read Mar 09, Elliot Cox added it Oct 19, Peter Gilmore added it Dec 29, Cheten Sherpa marked it as to-read Jan 16, Richard Aldrich marked it as to-read Feb 06, There are no discussion topics on this book yet.
About Melvyn C.
Melvyn C. Customers who bought this item also bought.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number. See all free Kindle reading apps.
Don't have a Kindle? No customer reviews.
A History of Modern Tibet, Volume 3: The Storm Clouds Descend, 1955-1957
Share your thoughts with other customers. Write a product review. Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.
- Handbook of Statistics. Classification, Pattern Recognition and Reduction of Dimension;
- Featured categories.
- iPhone Application Development for iOS 4: Visual QuickStart Guide.
Verified Purchase. Goldstein's research and analysis is without peer. There's a lot that makes me shake my head in this text, from the Marxist terminology to the patronizing attitude towards some of the characters. This said, this is a first-class history book.